What is better than a nice hot bowl of chicken soup? It really just warms the soul and is so comforting. The chicken is tender, the broth is well seasoned and the vegetables add nice color and texture. Some may opt for canned soup but making it on your own is so much better and is surprisingly easy. This soup is very healthy. The chicken is lean and the vegetables are full of vitamins, antioxidants
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, diced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large nonstick pot over medium high heat.
2. Add onion and garlic, cook for 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add chicken, stir to prevent burning. Cook for about 5-8 minutes until light brown.
4. Add salt and pepper.
5. Add celery, carrots, and stir. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes until slightly tender.
6. Reduce heat to medium, pour in chicken broth and allow to boil for 20-30 minutes, in the last 10 minutes add fresh or frozen peas.
7. Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
8. Remove from heat, ladle into bowls and serve