Don’t settle for a plain green salad; add some flavor with avocados, walnuts, and juicy blood oranges. Avocados add a nice creamy texture and great taste to ordinary salads; they are not just for guacamole. With all of the different textures, this paleo salad is delicious and easy to make.
10 romaine lettuce leaves
1 large Blood orange
1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
5 whole walnuts
2 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Paprika, to taste
Sea salt, to taste
1. Thoroughly rinse romaine lettuce leaves, then pat dry and arrange on a plate.
2. Slice the avocado into thin wedges and scoop out the pieces. Set aside.
3. Remove the peel and membrane from the large Blood oranges. Separate the pieces of orange pulp and try keeping the shape.
4. Place the pieces of orange pulp and avocado in equal sections on the lettuce leaves, then scatter a few walnuts on top.
5. Drizzle the salad with fresh lemon and orange juice; add a sprinkle of salt and paprika to taste.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Have you tried this Paleo Salad recipe or have a question? Please comment below or on our Facebook page.
Join the Discussion!