The Italian frittata is easy to prepare. Since the main ingredient is eggs, it is packed with protein. You can use just about any Paleo-friendly ingredients to fill it. Looking for something to do with last night’s leftovers? You can simply add your leftover vegetables or meats and make a whole new meal. The taste can be similar to a quiche depending on how you make it.
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
5 medium mushrooms, sliced
2 cups baby spinach
10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Sea salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Crack six eggs into a medium bowl and beat well. Add salt and pepper.
3. Place a large oven-safe nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat then add olive oil.
4. Add mushrooms and onions to the pan. Stir and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and brown.
5. Add spinach, tomatoes, parsley, a little more salt and pepper. Stir everything together, cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Pour the egg mixture over vegetables; shake the pan gently to make sure the eggs are covering all vegetables. Continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the frittata is set around the edges.
7. Place the oven safe frying pan in the oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until set.
8. Slice into wedges and serve.
Please comment on this Paleo recipe below or on our Facebook page.
Join the Discussion!