This Paleo recipe will start your day off right. It is simple to make and tastes delicious. If you are looking for a healthy dose of omega-3s in your breakfast, try this Paleo bacon wrapped avocado eggs recipe. You will love the combination of the creamy avocado and crispy bacon. Along with the healthy omega-3 fats you get lots of protein and high fiber.You can also make these without the bacon. You would just need to season with a little pepper and maybe some chives. These are delicate and would be hard to eat on the go, so sit down relax and enjoy.
2 ripe avocados
4 strips of bacon (For crunchier bacon and to save time, you can cook the bacon in the microwave for a few minutes before wrapping)
- Preheat your oven to 375F and grease a muffin pan.
- Cut the avocados in half then remove the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons from the center to make room for the egg.
- Then cut some of the bottom off so that the avocado sits flat. Make sure you do not cut into the area where the pit was. The egg will set in this and will run out if there is a hole.
- Place the four halves into the greased muffin pan. Wrap each avocado half with a strip of bacon.
- Crack an egg into the center of each avocado half.
- Bake for about 12-17 minutes, cooking time will depend on the size of your avocados and eggs. Remove from the oven when the egg whites appear fully cooked.
- Carefully remove each one from the muffin pan with a large spoon.
- Serve while warm.
Have you tried this Paleo recipe or have a question? Please comment below.